The universe is a big place and can make us feel very small. This class will help us find our celestial address and understand more about our planet, moon, local star, neighboring planets and Milky Way galaxy.
Takes place in the Planetarium.
At the end of the program, the student will be able to:
- Use vocabulary to describe and compare the relative position of objects in our solar system
- Classify astronomical objects by their observable properties
- Recognize the features and patterns of planets, stars and other celestial objects
- Observe changes in the Moon’s appearance from day to day
- Recognize that Earth is part of a system
- Explain the causes of day and night and phases of the Moon
Science: 3.E.1.2, 4.E.1
Methods and Activities:
Planetarium, star maps, storytelling
Star, planet, asteroid, galaxy
Please note: Capacity in the planetarium cannot exceed 45 people.
Call to Book704.372.6261 x300
- Grades 3 - 4
- Duration: 50 minutes
$11 per student
- Minimum 15 students