Ever wonder how kids can go wild in a fun, safe learning environment?
Discover amazing critters and natural treasures at Discovery Place Nature Summer Camps. Campers will connect to the natural world through hands-on activities, art, close encounters with live animals, stories, games, nature treks and outdoor play.
Check back for information about our 2017 camps.
No camps available.
Check back soon.
I've registered. What's next?
Send in the Emergency Medical & Release Form at least two weeks prior to the start of camp. This form is REQUIRED. Your camper will not be allowed to attend until we have a completed form.
Where do I go? What do I do?
Discovery Place Nature is located at 1658 Sterling Road, Charlotte, NC 28209. Park in the Museum's parking lot — it's free!
Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of camp. On the first day of camp, parents/guardians should escort campers to the Museum's entrance for a brief meet and greet with Summer Camp staff. For the remaining days, a carpool drop-off/pick-up system will be used.
The pick-up location is the same as the drop off location.
What do I pack?
• Half Day Campers need to bring a nut-free snack.
• Full Day Campers need to bring a nut-free lunch plus morning/afternoon snacks.
• Reusable water bottles are recommended.
• Please wear comfortable "can-get-dirty" clothes and closed-toed shoes along with a complete change of clothes.
• Please apply sunscreen and/or bug spray before dropping off your camper for the day.
• All campers must be fully potty trained and age 3 by April 1, 2017.
Become a Member and save
Museum Members receive unlimited Museum admission, discounts on Birthday Parties and Summer Camps and exclusive invitations to exhibitions openings. Join today and discover the benefits of Membership.